- Do Now
- Good News
- Gettysburg Address Activity
- Civil War Newspaper Project
- Wrap Up
- Summarize the meaning of the Gettysburg Address
- Explain major conflicts during the Civil War
- Describe how life changed for women during the Civil War
- Detail the life of a Civil War soldier
- Explain major events of the Civil War
- Read 474-480, answer 1-5 on 480
- Read 481-487, answer 1-4 on 480
Day in Review:
We began class with a short video (found below) on the Civil War. We then had a short activity around the Gettysburg Address. We discussed the ideas that Lincoln evoked in his address and the connections to the Revolution. We examined repeating ideas, areas that stand out, and the idea of what the address asked Americans to do.
Following the activity students were given the remaining time to work on their group projects. As a reminder, each group was assigned a major battle and a general to write about, and all groups will write an article on the changing role of women, the life of a soldier, a prediction on who will win the war, and a critical assessment of the economy, the draft, or the removal of Habeas Corpus. Papers are due next Friday and should plan accordingly to ensure the project is complete. No late assignments will be accepted.
Assignments and Resources: