- Do Now
- Good News
- Civil War Newspaper Project
- Wrap Up
- Summarize the meaning and result of the Emancipation Proclamation
- Explain the goals and consequences of the Emancipation Proclamation
- Explain major conflicts during the Civil War
- Describe how life changed for women during the Civil War
- Detail the life of a Civil War soldier
- Explain major events of the Civil War
- Read 465-471, answer 1-5 on 471
Day in Review:
We began class with a short video (found below) on the Civil War. We then had a short activity around the Emancipation Proclamation. We discussed the goals of the proclamation, the political realities that influenced the scale and scope of the it, and the results.
Following the activity students were given the remaining time to work on their group projects. As a reminder, each group was assigned a major battle and a general to write about, and all groups will write an article on the changing role of women, the life of a soldier, a prediction on who will win the war, and a critical assessment of the economy, the draft, or the removal of Habeas corpus. Papers are due next Friday and should plan accordingly to ensure the project is complete. No late assignments will be accepted.
Assignments and Resources: